Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vistor marrying USC

Hello,

I am currently in the US on a visit visa, I have met this wonderfull man whom I like to marry. He is a citizen and has sufficeint income to sponsor me.

Please help me out, I was wondering if this is a DIY processs or I need to hire a lawyer.

Thank you

Get a good attorney if you can afford one. It is a several step process
    in the US so it will be easy on you, not missing any deadlines or any paperwork. If you do not wish to hire an attorney,
    there are several DIY sites on the web for this.

In nutshell;
    *Your U.S. citizen hubby must file form I-130 to CIS Service Center of your area with (1) Biographical forms (forms G-325A) for both the husband and the wife with photos attached; (2) Proof of his citizenship status ( U.S. Passport, a Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship or a certified copy of the citizen's birth certificate) (3) A certified copy of your marriage certificate; (4) Certified copies of the documents that terminated any previous marriages of the husband or wife, including final divorce decrees, and certificates of annulment or death.
    *Also, YOU should submit an application for adjustment of status (form I-485) which is an application for a green card, an application for employment authorization, and an application for a travel permit.

Interview is scheduled anywhere from few months to 1-2 years depending
    on your service center.If the wait for the interview exceeds 90 days, chances are that the work card and the travel permit will be issued in a matter of weeks or months, so you can start work in US or travel abroad.

Comment

Read http://www.immihelp.com/gc/family

It has everything there.
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X