Pls Help I-130 RFE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pls Help I-130 RFE

My older brother was a USC filed the I130 for me. He recieved a RFE stating that they need more evidence because our birth certificate was registered 17 - 25 yrs after our birth. The secondary evidence is not available, we choose writing affidavits. So what should we do now?

1/ Mailing to USCIS to confirm evidence is not available

and then

2/ Doing affidavits
    3/ Contacting AABB for DNA test or DNA test when requested from USCIS.

Thanks so much for reply
    Attached Files
    Last edited by teonguyen; 11-16-2014, 12:03 AM.

The earlier page of the RFE correspondence would have listed other types of evidence to establish relationship: church, school and medical records showing relationship with your brother. DNA testing is being requested more often lately, but especially for late registered births. I don't believe that Affidavits alone will be sufficient to satisfy the USCIS reviewers.

--Ray B

Originally posted by teonguyen View Post
    My older brother was a USC filed the I130 for me. He recieved a RFE stating that they need more evidence because our birth certificate was registered 17 - 25 yrs after our birth. The secondary evidence is not available, we choose writing affidavits. So what should we do now?

1/ Mailing to USCIS to confirm evidence is not available

and then

2/ Doing affidavits
    3/ Contacting AABB for DNA test or DNA test when requested from USCIS.

Thanks so much for reply

Comment

Thanks so much rayb fr yr reply.

I want to ask more that our birth certificates that were filed I130 were re-registered later (after 17-25 yrs of birth), because of correcting my father's year of birth. I wonder if I could submit our first birth certificates were registered at the time of being born with my dad's old year of birth including The Decision of changing DOB of our father as the secondary evidence.

Thank you very much

Comment

The original birth certs are what should have been submitted with the initial petition, rather than birth certs with a minor correction done 17+ years later. But DNA testing is probably your best option, and will cost about $900, to include both siblings.

--Ray B

But my first response to your question was about the earlier page(s) of the RFE from USCIS. What else was requestd
        Thanks so much rayb fr yr reply.

I want to ask more that our birth certificates that were filed I130 were re-registered later (after 17-25 yrs of birth), because of correcting my father's year of birth. I wonder if I could submit our first birth certificates were registered at the time of being born with my dad's old year of birth including The Decision of changing DOB of our father as the secondary evidence.

Thank you very much

Comment

Tks rayb, the earlier page is in the attchment. Is it ok if we test DNA without affidavit?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by teonguyen; 11-16-2014, 08:51 PM.

Comment

It's a good idea to include additional paperwork, as available, just to satisfy the reviewer and be able to move on to the next step.

--Ray b

Tks rayb, the earlier page is in the attchment. Is it ok if we test DNA without affidavit?

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
              It's a good idea to include additional paperwork, as available, just to satisfy the reviewer and be able to move on to the next step.

--Ray b
              so we can choose 1st or 2nd following case;

1/ submitting our first birth certificates registered at the time of being born with my dad's old year of birth + The Decision of changing DOB of our father (as secondary evidence)

2/ acceptting to test DNA w/o submitting other documents.

Is it right, Ray b?
              Last edited by teonguyen; 11-16-2014, 09:46 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X