Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spouse Visa Processing

Hi,

NVC recently emailed me regarding my application to sponsor for my wife. They sent me the invoice number and my case number. After I signed in, I paid a bill of $120 and filled the choice of agent. The fee is called The Affidavit of support fee. I paid it, and filled DS-260 choice of agent. Now I'm a bit confused on what to do next, and have the following questions:

1- What to do next, do I need to fill the Affidavit of Support and mail it to anyone? NVC or the consulate in Jerusalem?
    2- What's the approximate wait time I need to wait to get to the interview? how long for the visa application?
    3- My wife is pregnant, and I need to accelerate the process for her to give birth in the US. Is there anything I can do?
    4- There is another fee called the visa application fee, but it won't allow me to pay it just yet. When should I do that?

I appreciate any information. Also if someone has filed with Jerusalem, could you please provide feedback.

Thanks.

Mkalboneh,

You need to download the AOS cover page from the NVC site where you paid the $120 bill, then send it with your I-864, 2013 Federal tax return, W2 or 1099 forms, proof of employment, to the NVC in New Hampshire.

The Choice of Agent form was DS-261 (not DS-260). When allowed to complete the DS-260 (Visa Application), your wife, or you for her, needs to complete that online form.

When you receive the fee bill for $325, you will follow up by sending civil documents to the NVC (or maybe scanned copies if a new change become effective for the Jerusalem U.S. Embassy).

--Ray B

Originally posted by mkalboneh View Post
    Hi,

NVC recently emailed me regarding my application to sponsor for my wife. They sent me the invoice number and my case number. After I signed in, I paid a bill of $120 and filled the choice of agent. The fee is called The Affidavit of support fee. I paid it, and filled DS-260 choice of agent. Now I'm a bit confused on what to do next, and have the following questions:

1- What to do next, do I need to fill the Affidavit of Support and mail it to anyone? NVC or the consulate in Jerusalem?
    2- What's the approximate wait time I need to wait to get to the interview? how long for the visa application?
    3- My wife is pregnant, and I need to accelerate the process for her to give birth in the US. Is there anything I can do?
    4- There is another fee called the visa application fee, but it won't allow me to pay it just yet. When should I do that?

I appreciate any information. Also if someone has filed with Jerusalem, could you please provide feedback.

Thanks.

Comment

Question

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Mkalboneh,

You need to download the AOS cover page from the NVC site where you paid the $120 bill, then send it with your I-864, 2013 Federal tax return, W2 or 1099 forms, proof of employment, to the NVC in New Hampshire.

The Choice of Agent form was DS-261 (not DS-260). When allowed to complete the DS-260 (Visa Application), your wife, or you for her, needs to complete that online form.

When you receive the fee bill for $325, you will follow up by sending civil documents to the NVC (or maybe scanned copies if a new change become effective for the Jerusalem U.S. Embassy).

--Ray B
      Apologize, but I am sending you a question not an answer. I see you have a got an answer already.

How long did wait after you got approval on the USCIS, till you been contacted by the NVC for the case Number.

Thanks and appreciate.

Comment

After USCIS approval for an immigrant petition, if one is "Immediate Priority" class, NVC correspondence "welcoming you" arrives about 4 weeks later.

--Ray B

Originally posted by eng.eldesoky View Post
        Apologize, but I am sending you a question not an answer. I see you have a got an answer already.

How long did wait after you got approval on the USCIS, till you been contacted by the NVC for the case Number.

Thanks and appreciate.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X