Question about process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about process

Ok here goes -I'm a US citizen, living abroad with my Filinpina wife in Abu Dhabi. We're looking to make the trek back to the US, plant roots, start family, etc. Started her visa process by filing I130, got a RFE, sent everything back in (Texas Service Center), it was logged Dec 2 with an ETA for approval/update Jan 31st. Dec 11 it was approved (wow that was quick seeing as how we filed the I130 end of September).

Ok so from reading this website, seems next process is NVC right? Then from NVC to consular/embassy interview? If I log into USCIS for our case, I see this:
    "On December 12, 2014, we sent your case, Receipt Number SRCxxxxxxxxx, to the Department of State for visa processing. Please visit our website for general information on Consular Processing"

Does this by chance mean it's past the NVC part? Might this be due to the fact that we are both abroad? I'm looking to get back in the US working Jan '15. We figured we would be apart for a couple of months but that wording makes it sound like it's going to the consulate here for her interview and things are progressing almost too fast for us given our time frame!

One thing, when I sent in the I130 paperwork, I also sent in all required documents and form for the Affidavit of Support. Seems you aren't supposed to produce that until you go to NVC right? Is it possible that they've already reviewed that or if not would they forward all that stuff to NVC to where I wouldn't need to fill this out again?

Any thoughts, comments, advise is greatly appreciated.

The National Visa Center is an Agency of the Department of State. Your paperwork went to the National Visa Center.

--Ray B

Originally posted by zackinUAE View Post
    Ok here goes -I'm a US citizen, living abroad with my Filinpina wife in Abu Dhabi. We're looking to make the trek back to the US, plant roots, start family, etc. Started her visa process by filing I130, got a RFE, sent everything back in (Texas Service Center), it was logged Dec 2 with an ETA for approval/update Jan 31st. Dec 11 it was approved (wow that was quick seeing as how we filed the I130 end of September).

Ok so from reading this website, seems next process is NVC right? Then from NVC to consular/embassy interview? If I log into USCIS for our case, I see this:
    "On December 12, 2014, we sent your case, Receipt Number SRCxxxxxxxxx, to the Department of State for visa processing. Please visit our website for general information on Consular Processing"

Does this by chance mean it's past the NVC part? Might this be due to the fact that we are both abroad? I'm looking to get back in the US working Jan '15. We figured we would be apart for a couple of months but that wording makes it sound like it's going to the consulate here for her interview and things are progressing almost too fast for us given our time frame!

One thing, when I sent in the I130 paperwork, I also sent in all required documents and form for the Affidavit of Support. Seems you aren't supposed to produce that until you go to NVC right? Is it possible that they've already reviewed that or if not would they forward all that stuff to NVC to where I wouldn't need to fill this out again?

Any thoughts, comments, advise is greatly appreciated.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X