Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavit of support income

Hi,

I want to ask about the poverty guideline. I'm a bit confused on how much I should be making in order to be accepted. I read the poverty guideline and it says the for a house hold of 2 the %125 poverty line is $19,662 does that mean I have to be making more than that number? a %125 above that number? or how much is good?
    My most recent tax return had $35,000. Is that acceptable?

I also want to ask if all past 3 years income must be above the %125 poverty line?
    Mine were:
    $35,000
    $26,000
    $49,000

Should this be okay or do I need a joint sponsor? If so, how much should they be making?

Last concern is, after paying the affidavit of support $120 bill. Do I need to send it to NVC? A member of this forum advised me to download the AOS cover sheet and mail it, along with the affidavit of support form, to NVC in New Hamshir. Where do I get the cover sheet from?

Thanks.
    Last edited by mkalboneh; 12-14-2014, 05:48 PM.

Mkal Guy,

Please see my responses in CAPS after each of your questions:

Originally posted by mkalboneh View Post
    Hi,

I want to ask about the poverty guideline. I'm a bit confused on how much I should be making in order to be accepted. I read the poverty guideline and it says the for a house hold of 2 the %125 poverty line is $19,662 does that mean I have to be making more than that number? a %125 above that number? or how much is good?
    My most recent tax return had $35,000. Is that acceptable?

FOR A HOUSEHOLD OF TWO (YOU AND WHOEVER YOU ARE SPONSOR), YOUR CURRENT INCOME MUST ANNUALIZE AT $19,662 OR GREATER.

I also want to ask if all past 3 years income must be above the %125 poverty line?

ALL YOU NEED IS THE MOST RECENT TAX RETURN INFO AND COPIES.

Mine were:
    $35,000
    $26,000
    $49,000

Should this be okay or do I need a joint sponsor? If so, how much should they be making?

Last concern is, after paying the affidavit of support $120 bill. Do I need to send it to NVC? A member of this forum advised me to download the AOS cover sheet and mail it, along with the affidavit of support form, to NVC in New Hamshir. Where do I get the cover sheet from?

AFTER PAYING THE $120 TO THE NVC ONLINE, YOU DOWNLOAD THE COVER PAGE FROM THE SAME WEBSITE LOCATION, THEN POSTAL MAIL YOUR SPONSORSHIP DOCUMENTS TO THE NVC IN NEW HAMPSHIRE. SOME COUNTRY CLIENT (6 OF THEM) ARE NOW REQUIRING EMAILING OF THE SPONSORSHIP AND CIVIL DOCUMENTS.

--Ray B

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks a lot, one last thing

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Mkal Guy,

Please see my responses in CAPS after each of your questions:
      Thanks you so much for your reply Ray,

You mentioned that I only need my latest tax return. Do I need a proof of employment along with the tax return?
      If it's not available, what do you suggest?

Thank you.

Comment

You will need the following:

1. AOS cover page
        2. I-864, Affidavit of Support
        3. Copy of most recent Federal income tax return
        4. W2 and/or 1099 copies
        5. Employment verification letter or about 6 recent pay stubs.

--Ray B

Originally posted by mkalboneh View Post
        Thanks you so much for your reply Ray,

You mentioned that I only need my latest tax return. Do I need a proof of employment along with the tax return?
        If it's not available, what do you suggest?

Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X