Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do i need a new passport to show my marital status for US Spouse visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do i need a new passport to show my marital status for US Spouse visa?

hey everyone,
    i have received my petition approval and waiting for NVC case number.
    i am currently using my maiden passport to visit other countries,this passport shows me as a single woman and doesnt show my relationship to my husband.do i need to make a new passport which mentions my husbands name on it using my marriage certificate? or will this maiden passport supplemented with my marriage certificate will do. NOTE- I DO NOT INTEND TO CHANGE MY SURNAME ANYWAY.THERE ISNT GOING TO BY ANY CHANGE OF NAME EVEN IF I GO FOR A NEW PASSPORT

Your spousal visa will be issued in your passport name. If your petition paperwork was submitted in your married name, the Embassy interviewer may insist that your passport be changed to reflect the married name in your petition paperwork. Otherwise, if the petition was submitted in your maiden name, it probably won't be an issue.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Anamta View Post
    hey everyone,
    i have received my petition approval and waiting for NVC case number.
    i am currently using my maiden passport to visit other countries,this passport shows me as a single woman and doesnt show my relationship to my husband.do i need to make a new passport which mentions my husbands name on it using my marriage certificate? or will this maiden passport supplemented with my marriage certificate will do. NOTE- I DO NOT INTEND TO CHANGE MY SURNAME ANYWAY.THERE ISNT GOING TO BY ANY CHANGE OF NAME EVEN IF I GO FOR A NEW PASSPORT

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Your spousal visa will be issued in your passport name. If your petition paperwork was submitted in your married name, the Embassy interviewer may insist that your passport be changed to reflect the married name in your petition paperwork. Otherwise, if the petition was submitted in your maiden name, it probably won't be an issue.

--Ray B
      what do you mean by the married name?

the name i use everywhere is Anamta Javaid,Javaid being my dad;s name.this is the name which is used in my petitions.

Comment

By "married name," I was referring to the family name of your husband, that most married women are legally entitled to use after their marriage.

If your visa paperwork was completed in your maiden name, that is the exception, but it's okay

--Ray B

Originally posted by Anamta View Post
        what do you mean by the married name?

the name i use everywhere is Anamta Javaid,Javaid being my dad;s name.this is the name which is used in my petitions.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X