• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-864 help, joint sponsor, i-864a

DCF IR1, IR2
    I filed one 864 for my wife.
    I filed one 864 for my stepson.

I was told that my Brother-in-law needed to file one 864 for my wife and one for my stepson as the first joint sponsor.
    My sister will file one I-864a for my wife and one for my stepson as the second joint sponsor.

My brother-in-law's I-864 questions:

Part 5. Sponsor's Household Size (It is just he and his wife(my sister, no dependents) He is sponsoring my wife on one I-864 and he is also sponsoring by stepson on another I-864, just as I did.

Since my stepson was listed on mine as a "dependent" my household size was "4". As he is sponsoring my wife on one I-864, what will his household size be? I don't see anywhere to put my stepson. I have the same question for my sister's I-864a's. Please help. This is the last document I need to fill out before the interview.
    DCF IR1, IR2

Your brother-in-law's household size will be 3 (him, his wife and your wife) on one I-864, and 3 (him, his wife and the stepchild) on his other I-864

The sister's I-864A's will each list only one immigrant, if she is a household member co-sponsor for both your wife and stepchild.

Each sponsorship stands alone, as if the other doesn't exist, unless there were derivative family members involved (which there are not).

On your own I-864's, however, you will do them separately as follows:
    1. The I-864 for your wife will only show her as the immigrant, not checked as our wife.
    2. The I-864 for the stepchild, however, can show wife checked as wife, and the child as the immigrant.

The above is how I normally handle this type of situation (for my own family or extended family members whom we co-sponsor).

--Ray B

Originally posted by onalmb View Post
    DCF IR1, IR2
    I filed one 864 for my wife.
    I filed one 864 for my stepson.

I was told that my Brother-in-law needed to file one 864 for my wife and one for my stepson as the first joint sponsor.
    My sister will file one I-864a for my wife and one for my stepson as the second joint sponsor.

My brother-in-law's I-864 questions:

Part 5. Sponsor's Household Size (It is just he and his wife(my sister, no dependents) He is sponsoring my wife on one I-864 and he is also sponsoring by stepson on another I-864, just as I did.

Since my stepson was listed on mine as a "dependent" my household size was "4". As he is sponsoring my wife on one I-864, what will his household size be? I don't see anywhere to put my stepson. I have the same question for my sister's I-864a's. Please help. This is the last document I need to fill out before the interview.
    DCF IR1, IR2

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X