Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Placed on hold until completed new Affidavit of Support - Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Placed on hold until completed new Affidavit of Support - Please help!

We attended our interview yesterday for my husbands Immigrant Visa. Everything was fine except the Affidavit of Support forms.

Bit of background info: I have US citizenship. My dad is American and living in the UK. Me and my husband lives in the same house as my Dad in the UK.

I don't earn enough, so I used some personal assets and I had my dad fill out a I-864a form to help out. We found out that my Dad needs to be living in the US, not in the UK where he current lives, so the forms we're refused. We were given a few options. Basically, after yesterday I found out that I might be able to complete the form by myself with a couple more assets included.

As far as I know, for a household of 2 I need to be earning the equivalent of at least $19,912 annually. I'm currently earning less then that, so that means I must make up the difference between what I AM earning and what I NEED to earn and times it by 5 and have that available in the form of assets?

Will they not include my current annual income in this total?

I'm really not sure of the overall total amount that I need to reach in order to qualify as a sponsor without the help of a household member of joint sponsor.

Also, the consular officer gave us a blue form instructing us on what to do next. Once we have the I-864 re-done, I am to drop off the documents to my chosen courier location. However, I am unable to find the "View Courier-in Receipt" button that is supposed to be at the bottom of the page on the website to be able to print the Courier-in Authorization Certificate.

We have looked at the website many times and checked everywhere, refreshed etc. Has anyone else had this problem? I fear if I use the embassy's online contact form it will take them a long time to get back to me with this information and I would really like to get this show on the road!

Thanks!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

An update, but I would still really appreciate some help:

We we're given instructions to drop off our new affidavit form, his passport and the Courier-in Authorization Certificate at our chosen Courier location. We we're told we don't need to come back down to the embassy.

The only problem is in order to print the Certificate on the website (https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv), there needs to be a button called "View Courier-in Recipt" at the bottom of the "Print Instructions" page. This button is nowhere to be found, and I don't know why.

My other issue was not knowing for sure how much money in assets I would need in order for just me to qualify as the sponsor without the need for a joint sponsor. I have a job in the UK at the moment, but they are counting my income as 0 since I won't have that job when I move.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Comment

Going through the same process

Hello,

I'm going through the same process now, and cannot find "View Courier-in Receipt" anywhere to print the Authorization Certificate. Did you end up having any luck with this? I'm nearing my wits end!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X