Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to estimate the timelines for Consular Processing

Hi ,
    I am the beneficary of an approved I130 petition filed by my wife . My case for Consular Processing is forwarded to NVC Mumbai ( India) . She applied the petition a month ago and and I got the approved petition letter nearly 20 days ago. Now when I try to check with NVC Mumbai for notification and visa interview date, they are simply asking me to submit a question a Public enquiry form. 2 questions here:
    1. I dont have NVC Case Number or USCIS Receipt Number , where will I get it?
    2. Generally how long does it take for NVC Mumbai to notify me to go for digital finger printing and to get my visa interview date?

Highly appreciate any answers on this.

The numbers you need are on the approval notice

Comment

Originally posted by codebott View Post
      Hi ,
      I am the beneficary of an approved I130 petition filed by my wife . My case for Consular Processing is forwarded to NVC Mumbai ( India) . She applied the petition a month ago and and I got the approved petition letter nearly 20 days ago. Now when I try to check with NVC Mumbai for notification and visa interview date, they are simply asking me to submit a question a Public enquiry form. 2 questions here:
      1. I dont have NVC Case Number or USCIS Receipt Number , where will I get it?
      2. Generally how long does it take for NVC Mumbai to notify me to go for digital finger printing and to get my visa interview date?

Highly appreciate any answers on this.
      1/ your wife/you should have received a notice from NVC wiht a case number - it should be somehting like "BMBxxxxxxx" since you are applying @ the Mumbai Consulate (not NVC Mumbai - NVC is in the US, not India). Look for it.

2/ If you have a letter already from NVC then you should expect to receive a letter from the Consulate inside about 20-30 days (my experience). You should however still be able to go to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in, create a profile, log in and post a question under the "Send Feedback" link. They are fairly prompt in responding and will give you updated guidance. Best you ask them for a step-wise process - they will tell you exactly what sequence to follow.

Comment

NVC timeline

There seems to be some misunderstanding somewhere. You have said your wife applied a month agoo and got approved 10 days ago ! This is unbelieveable. Normally USCIS takes 3 to 5 months for approving I130 applications filed in USA. You need to check what you have received. Is it an acknowlegement of receipt NOA1. Or approval NOA2 ?

You have to complete a series of steps before interview. You do not seem to be aware of them. Go to travel.state.gov and search for NVC and all the steps are listed.

Best of luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X