I864 Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I864 Questions.

Im the petitioner for my spouse. I don't have the income to sponsor her, so my brother will be my joint sponsor. I have began filing out the forms and gathering documents to prove he can be a joint sponsor. However, I have a few questions that need to be answered.
    1. Do me and my brother both fill out the I864 form, Or does one of us have to fill the I864ez form out?
    2. On the I864 form, do I need to put my wife's income on the form since im currently unemployed and living in Japan off of her income? My wife is the beneficiary and her income is in yen.
    3. Can I use a copy of my tax returns that I have saved on my computer as long as I have copies of the W-2's to go with it? If you provide a copy of and IRS tax transcript, you do not need to provide the W-2's correct?

Originally posted by Bjc0615 View Post
    Im the petitioner for my spouse. I don't have the income to sponsor her, so my brother will be my joint sponsor. I have began filing out the forms and gathering documents to prove he can be a joint sponsor. However, I have a few questions that need to be answered.
    1. Do me and my brother both fill out the I864 form, Or does one of us have to fill the I864ez form out?
    2. On the I864 form, do I need to put my wife's income on the form since im currently unemployed and living in Japan off of her income? My wife is the beneficiary and her income is in yen.
    3. Can I use a copy of my tax returns that I have saved on my computer as long as I have copies of the W-2's to go with it? If you provide a copy of and IRS tax transcript, you do not need to provide the W-2's correct?
    1. You will fill out I-864 as a petitioner and your brother will fill out I-864 as a joint sponsor
    2. You don't need to put your wife's income on there as longest you and your brother meets the income requirement. here is the link for income requirementhttp://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf
    3. You and your brother will need to send a copy of your tax return from year for last three years. 2014, 2013 and 2012. W2s for last year (2014) only. Your brother will need to get a employment verification letter which states his salary and how long he has been working there from his employer (which will provide current income information).

Comment

Thank you so much for your help. This answers alot of questions and now i can finally move forward.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X