Ir2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ir2

Good day everyone. Can i have a piece of your advice regarding with my situation. My father petition me when he was still a LPR last January 24, 2015. On May 28, 2015 he became a naturalized US citizen. On that same day he upgraded my petition from F2A to IR2 category. I turned 21 last September 19, 2015. We received email from NVC last September 29, 2015 stating that i am no longer eligible for the category IR2. Then last October 9, 2015 we received email from NVC stating that the upgrade of petition from F2A to IR2 has been approved. On October 16, 2016 we received again another email from NVC stating that the upgrade petition has been approved and now ready for further processing. On October 28, 2015 NVC email us that the Choice of Address and Agent Form(DS-261) has been submitted. On October 29, 2015 NVC email me and my father stating that the NVC is processing this immigrant visa case. Now we are about to pay the fees and gather all the needed documents to be submitted to the NVC. Now my question is can i still proceed to the processing even if i turned 21? Am i still eligible to go to US even if I already turned 21? Your immediate response to this is much appreciated because I am really confused.

Proceed with the NVC processing.

--Ray B

Originally posted by ellapam456 View Post
    Good day everyone. Can i have a piece of your advice regarding with my situation. My father petition me when he was still a LPR last January 24, 2015. On May 28, 2015 he became a naturalized US citizen. On that same day he upgraded my petition from F2A to IR2 category. I turned 21 last September 19, 2015. We received email from NVC last September 29, 2015 stating that i am no longer eligible for the category IR2. Then last October 9, 2015 we received email from NVC stating that the upgrade of petition from F2A to IR2 has been approved. On October 16, 2016 we received again another email from NVC stating that the upgrade petition has been approved and now ready for further processing. On October 28, 2015 NVC email us that the Choice of Address and Agent Form(DS-261) has been submitted. On October 29, 2015 NVC email me and my father stating that the NVC is processing this immigrant visa case. Now we are about to pay the fees and gather all the needed documents to be submitted to the NVC. Now my question is can i still proceed to the processing even if i turned 21? Am i still eligible to go to US even if I already turned 21? Your immediate response to this is much appreciated because I am really confused.

Comment

Thank you for the response rayb. So it means I can still have my visa and go to US?
      Last edited by ellapam456; 11-02-2015, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Are you familiar with CSPA? Because I've read an article regarding with this and and it says that I just could know if I'm qualified for CSPA after the interview. The embassy will determined if I am still qualified for CSPA after the interview. Is it true?

Originally posted by ellapam456
        This is my original question:

"Good day everyone. Can i have a piece of your advice regarding with my situation. My father petition me when he was still a LPR last January 24, 2015. On May 28, 2015 he became a naturalized US citizen. On that same day he upgraded my petition from F2A to IR2 category. I turned 21 last September 19, 2015. We received email from NVC last September 29, 2015 stating that i am no longer eligible for the category IR2. Then last October 9, 2015 we received email from NVC stating that the upgrade of petition from F2A to IR2 has been approved. On October 16, 2016 we received again another email from NVC stating that the upgrade petition has been approved and now ready for further processing. On October 28, 2015 NVC email us that the Choice of Address and Agent Form(DS-261) has been submitted. On October 29, 2015 NVC email me and my father stating that the NVC is processing this immigrant visa case. Now we are about to pay the fees and gather all the needed documents to be submitted to the NVC. Now my question is can i still proceed to the processing even if i turned 21? Am i still eligible to go to US even if I already turned 21? Your immediate response to this is much appreciated because I am really confused."

Originally posted by rayb
        I can't find your original question or response. Please send it again.

Originally posted by ellapam456
        thank you so much for the response. So that's mean i can still have my visa and go to US even if i am already 21?
        [/QUOTE]

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X