filling I-134 for dependent processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filling I-134 for dependent processing

I have mentioned in my I-134 that salary received as 77K while my W2 shows a salary of 48K. I was in India for my wife's delivery for 4 months. But the immigration officer insists on descrepancy and my explanation that I was off for 4 months is falling on deaf ears. He insists on the statement that I am without a job though I have shown him a recent letter of job verification from my employer and wants my employer to explain my absence. Does anyone have any clue what I need to do. Do I have to put 48K in I-134 even if my paystubs show a salary of 6K+.

Swami.

filling I-134 for dependent processing

I have my GC and I am applying for my son's CP who was born here.
    Swami.

Comment

You are a bit unclear here.
      First off, why would your paystubs show something different than the W-2???
      You have to pay taxes on what you earned. So if you earned more than what the W-2 says, you and your employer are in trouble.
      Second, in "I am applying for my son's CP who was born here", what do you mean with "here"?

Comment

My son is in India and I am applying for his CP. My W2 reflects everything as per my paystub's YTD column. I have worked for 8 months and 8*6 is 48K as in my W2. The company offer letter says 77K including all benefits such as 401K, insurance etc which is what I get if I work for 12 months as in the previous years. So in I-134 I mentioned against the salary column as 77K as in my offer letter. The immigration officer comments there is descrepancy and wants to refile I-134. What amounts shall I mention.
        48K or 77K?
        Swami.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X