Driving offences on record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving offences on record

I am currently in the process of a CR-1 visa application. I'm a British citizen (age 34) and my wife is in the USA.

All of our paperwork has been submitted and we're awaiting confirmation of this from the NVC before getting an interview date. Recently after reading up I've become concerned regarding my conviction history (all driving related):

Court appearance in 2000 for the following;
    - Dangerous driving

Court appearance in 2002 for the following;
    - Resist or obstruct constable
    - Driving whilst disqualified, without insurance or MOT (twice)

The offence of "resist or obstruct constable" was a very stupid move on my behalf in giving a false name when asked to produce. I was in a panic, and turned myself in subsequently at the station.

On both occasions I was disqualified from driving, and given community service (80hrs and 240 hours). I have full Subject Access reports and in the process of getting Memorandums of Conviction from the court involved.

There are no further convictions on my record since 2002.

I realise every case is totally different, but I am worried that these events will have a really severe adverse effect on our case. Just looking (hopefully) for some reassurance that this isn't grounds for ineligibility as I realise the offences are fairly serious (without, in my opinion, being CIMT).

Will the fact that this happened many years ago be in my favour? Do people think it's likely the application will be rejected for convictions such as these?

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X