Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to restablish US domicile

Hello,

I have been living outside the USA for about 2 years on a temporary basis (I visited last year and plan on going again soon). I maintain a bank account, voting records and plan to update my party affiliation online soon for the voting records, I keep applying to jobs in USA online from overseas, my permanent mailing address is in the USA (parent's address where I lived before moving here to Pakistan). However, I have not paid or filed any tax since 2013 because I didn't live not had a job. I have applied for my husband's immigration visa and he received the approval from the NVC. My father is the co-sponsor for him because all my family currently live in the USA.

My question is that will there be any problem for him as far as my US domicile is concerned? I plan to go to the USA about a week or two before his interview just to be safe (incase they ask him if I am currently in the USA) but is it needed? I know I have to be present in the USA or go along with him but I just want to know if i have to provide any kind of evidence for my US domicile and if yes to whom, when and where? Also for the I130 we provided a join lease/rent agreement from 2015 as an evidence of join ownership showing that I live in Pakistan. Would that be a problem?

Thanks

Do I need to restablish US domicile

You need to be there to avoid any complications regarding domicile.
    My wife and kids didn't get the visa because I am not domicile in US.
    Now I need to readjust my whole life to rectify that.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X