Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Certificates for CP

Hi,
    Hi I am going in for CP and expect an apointment soon from the counsulate. I wanted to understand the police certificate requirement better.
    Over the past few years, both me and my wife have lived for 6 months or more in more than one location in India and in the US. Here are some questions that I have

a)Given that we have lived in more than one locations in India, should we get police certificates from every single location in India? Also information about process, timeframes will be helpful
    b) How do we obtain a police certificate from the US? Is there a federal/state body that provides these? Any additional information about the process/timeframes etc will be helpful.

Would appreciate if people in this group can provide this information.

Thanks

from district head quarters

Hi,
    recently my parents have gone through this and so I can share some info about the police certificate in India.
    The chennai consulate asked my father to get the police clearance certificate from all the places where he lived in the past 16 years. When my father told the chennai consulate that it is really difficult as he lived in more than 10 places during that 16 years, then they asked him to get one clearance certificate from the district(of the place where he is currently living) police head quarters from the state police head quarters(HYD or Chennai what ever is your state). There will be agents for this also and it will aproximately take 15 days to get it through these agents from the state police.
    Hope this helps

Comment

You do not need to get police certificates from the US. They check with FBI themselves.

Comment

I was in the same situation. All i did was get the police certificate from Indian Consulate in Chicago. I did not have to get police certificate from any places i stayed in India.

The consulate requests for a No-Objection-Certificate from the passport office from where the passport was issued. And it can take about 45 days from them to reply. I would suggest to get the certificate from as soon as possible.

You do not need to get any certificates from here in US.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X