AFter CP succesful I-551 at POE Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFter CP succesful I-551 at POE Chicago

Just to let you know that I completed my US immigration successfully at Chicago. The procedure was very simple, I stood in the line for US citizens and GC holders (for the first time in my life - I was blushing so much to myself, I would have beaten the red roses of Amsterdam hands down!). The immigration oficer asked me to follow him to another counter and deposited all my papers with another officer and he went back. I sat for about 10 minutes. I was the ONLY immigrant at the time. The other officer called me and asked me to sign and put the impression of my right hand index finger on both sides of a document. (In my exuberation, I did not even care to see what I was signing). I asked if the GC can be posted to an address other that that stated on the visa. He said that it cannot be changed and the GC will be posted to that address only. Then came the cherry on the pudding - my passport was stamped with a I-551 (temporary GC for 1 year until I get the physical card). That was the moment I was waiting for!!!

The long wait (two years now from filing the GC to stamping) being completed, I took a cab to the hotel - a free man in a free world. God Bless America!

GC

That was great and same case with me too. Any idea how long it will take to get the plastic card? Did you give the change of address later? How do you trace for status now? Like other process CP does not have any 13 digit recept number to find the status. If you have any clue please reply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X