Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes in the Consular Processing Procedure at Mumbai ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes in the Consular Processing Procedure at Mumbai ?

Hi,

While applying for I140, I had indicated that I would like to proceed the Consular Processing way for the 3rd stage. My I140 has been approved long back and I want to start the 3rd stage.

I was under impression that one needs to send the forms in the Visa Packet III directly to the Consulate (Mumbai, in my case) and then the Consulate sends Visa PAcket IV and the interview date. At least that's how people have done in the past.

But, looks like that now, one needs to send the documents in Visa Packet III, Visa Fees to the NVC first and the NVC then forwards the case to the Mumbai Consulate, which then sends me the Visa packet IV and the interview date. Is that the case ? Any idea since when this new procedure has started ?

Any idea what is the typical time period required till you get the interview date from Mumbai Consulate after you start 3rd stage ? Please tell your experiences if you have done consular processing very recently.

Thanks!
    -Swagho

Re: Changes in the Consular Processing

If I remember right, this changed last year. The new procedure exists for all consulates.

Comment

Is it applicab if Visa Packet III is received in Oct, 2002 ?

Hi,
      Thanks for the reply. My attorney received the Visa Packet III in October, 2002. Do you think that I will need to send the papers to NVC first instead of sending them directly to the US Consulate in Mumbai ?

Also, any idea the time the NVC takes to send the file to the US consulate abroad after they receive filled forms from Visa Packet III from the candidate ?

Thanks,
      Swagho

Comment

Re: Is it applicab if Visa Packet III is received in Oct, 20

The Packet 3 should have contained the appropriate instructions.
        The DS230 form part 1 and 2 have to be sent to NVC, together with the fees. My understanding is that they don't forward the file to the consulate unless they have gotten that.
        See the NVC website at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...ypes_1309.html
        I have no idea how long it takes, but NVC is usually rather quick (unlike INS/BCIS).
        For what it's worth, when I did CP back in 2000 (this was when the P3 still was returned to the consulate) NVC received my file from INS and within 2 weeks had sent out the P3 and forwarded the file to the consulate. This data is of course quite outdated by now.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X