Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Police Clearance certificate

Hi
    I got my I-140 approval in Dec' 2002. I am waiting on my appointment for CP.
    Before my lawyers sent the Packet 3 to NVC, I got my PCC from the Indian embassy in Houston. But the lawyer asked me to get the PCC from the local office in Hyderabad also (where I lived for 15yrs).

Can someone please let me know if I need to get this from a local Police department or from the passport office and if you have any idea on - how long it usually takes to get this done in Hyderabad and if I need to be there in person.
    Thanks a lot for your time!

PCC

Hi,

I was recenlty in Hyd and I was trying to get the documentation ready (PCCs) for my interview !

At the passport office its two day process if you can go in person. If you submit today the next day you can go and collect the PCC (so you can due before the interview also).

I also went to local police station they redirected me to meet the DCP . I went to meet him,he was very rude and insulting (I couldnt believe my eyes and ears ). I understood that we only need from the US if we do not live in India currently.

Then I called up Madras and they said just the US PCC is sufficient. So please call up Madras and find out again.

Hope my experience gave you some idea!Let me know the recent update as I am expecting interview soon.

Thanks

Comment

Thank you

Thanks so much for your feedback. I am expecting my interview to be in, maybe 3-4 months. I'll certainly let you know what happens.

thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X