Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Certificates for CP at Chennai

Hi,
    Filed under the EB1 category (PR Jan 2000) and received my I-140 in Sep-2000.
    Considering CP at Chennai...
    Can someone please guide me about how to obtain the police certificates ?? how long does it take to get them?? do I have to get one for every city I lived in India ??

Also, I spent 2 years in Singapore..has anybody experienced getting police certificated from Singapore ??

Thanks a lot,
    Anu

You don't police certificates for stay in India if you are doing CP in India.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Polcie Certificates

You can get Police Clearance Certificate from any Indian Embassy / Indian Consulate (Washington/SFO/Chicago/Houston/New York).

If you go in person to the consulate, they will give the police clearance certificate the same day.

If you cannot go to the consulate, you can get the Police Certificate by mail by sending your passport to the consulate - takes about 7-8 days time (mailing time).

The consulate charges 11$ for the Police Clearance Certificate.

The Policy Clearance Certificate is for your overall stay in India.

Thanks,

Sam

Comment

I am from india. My I-140 appoved on Aug 30th. I opted for CP in chennai. I stayed in singapore for One and Half years. Do I need to get Police Certificate from singapore.

Comment

Did you have to get police certificates from Singapore?have you had your CP done ?

Comment

I applied for a police certificate at Indian embassy in Washington DC. They said it will take 45 days to get the police clearance. I have not heard from them yet and when I call them they do not give any certain reply.

Did you manage to get your police clearance?

Comment

Police clearence certificate

Hi I am in US since 2000 and I got married in 2003.I have applied for Canadian Immigration, where I need to submit my wife's police clearence. Please let me know the whole process to obtain the police clearence from Indian consulate at chicago.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X