Do i need to have visa stamps for CP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do i need to have visa stamps for CP

After comming to US, i have changed job and my passport does not have new H1 visa stamp for the current employer. Do i need to have the stamp before i leave US?.

This is just in case CP gets into some problem and i will not have new visa stamp to return back to US.
    Same is true with my wife, she only has H4 stamp and she is now on H1-B and does not have visa stamp for H1..

i was wondering whether i should make a trip to Mexico/canada to get the stamp before i leave for CP or there is no such need just for the sake of visa stamp.

i got case # and waiting for the interview date. i got the case number arround 8/28. when do i expect the interview with current CP load for AC I-140 in Mumbai consulate

Apperciate your feedback
    gchelp

Just carry the H-1 work permit "sheet" with you. You don't need to have a stamp on the passport. You will get the interview in OCT or NOV.

Comment

Thanks Rocky for immediate reply

Comment

gchelp,

For you it will not be a problem. But for your wife, since she was on H4 and is now on H-1b, there is some concern.

Again, these are solely my views. Take a second opinion from a knowledgeable person.

VFP

Comment

Still, shouldn't be a problem AT ALL. Just fill out OF forms correctly and carry all H-1 and H-4 documents. I am assuming you are the principal applicant.

Comment

Valid H1-B status for your wife and you will be enough for CP. So take all your H1/H4 approval notices to the interview.

Getting a visa stamp is pointless since any visas on your passport are cancelled at the start of your interview.

Good luck.

Comment

H1-Stamping

Hello GCHelp,
              Did you do the Stamping before going
              for interview?Were there any problems?

Thanks in advance

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}