Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else experiencing severe delays with NVC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone else experiencing severe delays with NVC?

Hi,

I'm married to a US Citizen and we are applying for my immigrant visa through consular processing. Everything was going according to the expected timeline until this year.

Dec 1, 2016: NVC requested for an additional document from me (a police clearance from a country I lived in when I was a teenager)

Dec 23, 2016: I submitted the abovementioned document

The website says I should hear back in 4 weeks. It is already March, and I still have not heard back from NVC regarding the 1 document even if my husband has been calling every couple of weeks to follow up.

I don't know if this is normal or unusual, so I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing extreme delays in their applications as of this year?

Originally posted by beapotter View Post
    Hi,

I'm married to a US Citizen and we are applying for my immigrant visa through consular processing. Everything was going according to the expected timeline until this year.

Dec 1, 2016: NVC requested for an additional document from me (a police clearance from a country I lived in when I was a teenager)

Dec 23, 2016: I submitted the abovementioned document

The website says I should hear back in 4 weeks. It is already March, and I still have not heard back from NVC regarding the 1 document even if my husband has been calling every couple of weeks to follow up.

I don't know if this is normal or unusual, so I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing extreme delays in their applications as of this year?

I am currently running into the same issue. Its really frustrating and annoying. I also sent my PCC a while back but haven't heard anything from NVC even though their email stated that they will require atleast 4 weeks. I have called them multiple times and the customer rep says the same thing that " we have received the docs and are currently reviewing them"....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X