Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a Misdemeanor conviction a problem in CP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a Misdemeanor conviction a problem in CP?

Does anyone know if CP will work for someone with a criminal conviction? The conviction is a small Misdemeanor, which definitely does not make a person excludable for Green Card. ACCORDING TO THE LAW, Green card cannot be denied.

Ques: Can the consular still deny CP for some odd personal reason?

If anyone knows any such successful or failed CP cases at MUMBAI, please respond asap.

Help is highly appreciated.

SK

Please specify the nature of issue for anyone to give any comments. It does not matter if it was a Misdemeanor or a small charge. Per FAM even a misdemeanor is considered equivalent to conviction depending on the case.

Comment

Details of Misdemenaor

The charge and conviction was Retail Fraud (2nd degree), also known as shoplifting. Happened more than 6 years ago. the punishment was some fines and 6 months of probation.

SK

Comment

Re: Details of Misdemenaor

That would not be the reason to deny green card.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Re: Details of Misdemenaor

Sika
          Though I agree with Immihelp but you need to make sure that shop lifting does not fall under category of "Moral Turpitude" which is a criterion for exclusion.

Comment

Misdemeanor green card

I am taking my fingerprints for my labor certification-green card tomorrow but I was arrested on the weekend august 8 2005.
            I had was charge with disobediently conduct and resistant to arrest without conduct. My wife who is a citizen was arrested with the same charges.
            Please anyone has any information write me.
            I don’t know if it matters but neither my wife nor I have any previous charges. Also my wife is decided to fight this with an attorney. It was a horrible case where she was pushed insulted and has brushes everywhere.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X