Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperate: list of documents?

Desperate:

Could you please post here the documents you were requested to present at the time of your interview? Please compare with the list I have [from packet 4], described below:

1. Appointment letter
    2. Passport [w/ valid H-1 visa or extension paper]
    3. Birth certificates
    4. Three Color photographs
    5. Marriage certificate
    5. Evidence of financial support form I-134
    6. OF 230 Part I and Part II
    7. Employment letter
    8. IRS form 9003
    9. Proof/papers regarding Medical exams
    10. Police records [for non-indian husband or wife only]

That's exactly what they asked from me (except the police certificate, which does not apply in my case). Just one more thing.
    2 bank drafts: 1 for all processing fees & 1 for all visa issuance fees.
    In the consulate they really didn't care about the x-rays which are really huge in size. Neither did they care about the x-rays at the port of entry.
    Please carry OF230 part I & II sent by them. Not the downloaded forms. They were very particular about this.
    Go to the consulate, not raj pavilion 15 minutes before your interview time. The security guys will let you in.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanx for your prompt help. Really. I hope your response will answer all the discussion [so far] about sailing permit, tax forms..etc..

One more thing: ETA 750 [attached w/I-One forty] shows start date of my job as 5/97 and I actually started working from 3/97 [w/o H-1 from 3/97 to 5/97]. What do you advice I should put down when i fill out the employment history on OF-230 part I? My lawyer suggests that i should put down the date from ETA 750. ETA 750 has my signature and OF form shall also have my signature.

BTW, my lawyer said that the consulate will not care if i worked without H-1b. What they may not like is seeing my signatures on both ETA 750 and OF-230 part I with two different start date of a job. That can be constituted as "misrepresentation of documents".

Comment

Desparate,

Just to confirm, you went to Mumbai Consulate. So my understanding is that we don't have to stand in the same line that piles up from 5.00 am. As you said, is it that we have to reach the Mumbai consulate just before 15 minutes the interview time.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

The form IRS 9003, is it sent by the consulate or is it to be downloaded from the web. I read somewhere that it has to be orinted on green/blue paper. Is this true ? If so, then what type of paper.

Rockstar make sure you have ADIT photographs when you go.

VFP

Comment

ADIT photographs? What kind is that? I have photographs made out to the size mentioned on packet 4.

Comment

Yes, you are right. you should go directly to us consulate. Don't go too early. then they will make you wait outside.

IRS9003: fill up the form sent to you by consulate. It is a yellow coloured form. do the same for OF230 part I & II.

Photographs: Just take the photos from My own studio in Bombay. They are perfect. In case if something is wrong, there is an instant photo shop inside the consulate.

Comment

Consular processing info here at immmihelp does list the street name it is on. Do you have the exact address of the photograph studio you mentioned? Could you provide that?

Also do they give your photogrphs right after taken?

thanx,

Comment

Re: Photographs

I think it mentions in this site somewhere that you can get next day service from "My own studio" for some premium charge. The standard delivery is 3 days.

Hope this helps

Comment

Rockstar - ADIT photos

Rockstar,

The description of ADIT photograph is mentioned here in immihelp.com. It is different from passport photos.
                  Some sample snaps are also shown here - Correct and wrong ones.

So make sure that you have ADIt photos.

vfpeter

Comment

Re: Rockstar - ADIT photos

vfpeper:

why in the world do I have to worry about the photographs, when I have followed the instruction specified on packt 4? I think I am just fine. Thanx for your input anyway.

Comment

The studio is just next to the consulate.
                      Immihelp Support
                      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X