Please advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please advise

I would really appreciate if anybody with similar situation share their experience:
    I came to US in Jan 1990 on F-1 visa. In in middle of 1991 I got a internship through school of campus. But as my manager at the internship location was on vacation I could not give back the forms required to the School's International office on time. Due to I believe my status became invalid and reinstatement was denied (not sure by school or INS, there is a remark behind the I -120 but no stamp or signature). I continued to work at the place where I had internship without employment authorization. In September 1992 I was offered a permanent job at the location of my internship. In Feb 1993 I got an H1B petition approved in Feb 1993. In April 1993 I got my H1 visa from Bombay consulate. In Sept 1994 I resigned from my job and went back to India in October. I returned to US on B1/B2 visa in 1995, 1996 and 1998 for short intervals. In 1998 I got married and came back to US on H4. In Jan 1999 I transferred from H4 to H1. I am planning to apply for my Green card and I have following questions:

1. Does what happen in in period between 1991 and 1992 mean that
    a) I was an illegal
    b) was out of status
    c) that I overstayed.

2. Does this situation mean I can be denied a immigrant visa either via CP or AOS under the 1996 Immigration law.

Thanks for your advise.

If you have opted for curricular practical training then probably you may not need a EAD.
    I found some info at this site
    travel.state.gov/visa;foreignstuden.html

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X