Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• employment letter for CP

Hi Immihelp
    I have sent out my Packet 3 to the consulate last week. Shall I prepare the employment letter without knowing when the consulate will send me the interview letter?

1. How recent does the employment letter need to be for the interview?
    2. DSL-1083 said: the employment letter must be notarized, is it true
    3. How long will it take for the consulate to schedule an appointment after they get Packet 3.

Thanks

1. < 6 months.
    2. Yes, it is must.
    3. 1-2 months.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Make sure you have the letter dated not more than one month from the interview date [based on what my attorney said]. Yes it needs to be notarized. As for the schedule of the interview, let say if your paperworked reached Mumbai on July 10th, you will be scheduled for end of Septemeber interview.

Comment

Clarification:

Immihelp is correct on the "oldness" of the employment letter. That's what is stated on the packet 4.

Comment

Majarrau,

Have you been assigned a case # yet? Has Mumbai consulate confirmed that they recd. the case?

Please let me know how many days after they received the case were they able to inform you of your case number? Was it emailed to you or to your attorney?

Many thanks!

Comment

I have a normal consular processing which was specified in I-140. I got my case number from NVC along with packet 3.They were sent to my attoney. I don't think consulate will notify me when they got my packet 3. They will inform me only when they are ready for an appointment with me.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X