Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperate -- r u there?: Rockstar123

Desperate:

thanx for sharing your experience with us on 7/29/00. congratulations on your greencard!

do you have anything more to add to your last posting pertaining to your IV interview?

Yes. I came back yesterday (08/07/2000), port of entry: Newyork. Took 1 & 1/2 hours to get the I-551 stamp. Total 17 persons were waiting for the stamp (of different catergory, mainly family based). Please, choose any other port of entry.
    You asked in the previous discussion, whether you can take your kid with you or not? It was only me and my wife. I am not sure it is a must to take all dependants with you for interview or not (May be immihelp can help), but definitely you can take your kid in the consulate. Practically the day I went for interview, one of my friend from Phoenix also went for interview (EB2 - and I never knew it, he also got approved). He took his kid with him.
    AC140GUY: I don't think you need any merger documents to carry if your I-140 has the new company name. Mumbai consulate also didn't care much about the merger documents I presented. All the mergers and name change of company in my case, happened after my I-140 was approved.

My feeling is that,Bombay consulate really does not have much time to check your documents (It is simply not possible to do on the same day). Or they have already checked out everything before you go for interview and decided about your case (They may be only waiting for your employment letter).

Still I really feel it is better to carry documents to your satisfaction otherwise it is really painful if somebody have to come back again using payroll (because of incomplete documentation) and wait again for I-485 approval.

Rockstar.. wish you and all others best of luck.

Comment

Desperate and Immihelp,

I have a question pertaining to job responsibities. It is described in the following email i wrote to my attorney just now. It is rather strong [purposefully alarming] email. It is also pretty long. FETZ was my previous employer and QMC is my current employer [SII]. I-129 [H-1B amendment] under SII employer was filed recently since my employer has changed from FETZ to QMC.

"I am scheduled to appear for an IV interview in Mumbai in a few weeks and I might as well be blunt and say that because of you I have a “good chance” of denial for permanent residency during the interview. I was going through AC I-129 and found a letter from QMC listing my job duties in 1 through 5 sentences [numbered]. Only one of them is the description of the job responsibilities stated on form ETA 750 filed on 01/98. The letter from I-129 also mentions that this particular description is 10% of the total job responsibilities at QMC. Why did you not check the job responsibilities stated on ETA 750????? There is not change in job responsibilities due to corporate take over. There were more responsibilities added [addition to ETA 750 job description] to my job when I was at FETZ. But by mentioning those added responsibilities on the I-129 under QMC, I suspect that a consul at Mumbai may determine that my job is different under QMC."

Comment

I think I was worried for nothing. Sorry to bother you guys. Here's my attorney had to say about my email:

"The job description that was used to process your H-1 amendment for QMC is the exact same job description that was used to process your H-1 extension for Fetz Engineering in March 2000. That job description was provided by you when you filled out the H-1B application form. I did in fact review the job responsibility listed on your ETA 750 forms and added that to the H-1B support letter.
        Furthermore, your GC job description and H-1B job description are not required to be identical. The GC position is prospective. Your employer must confirm that when your permanent residency is approved, you will perform the job as stated on the ETA form. I am not even certain why your H-1B petition would be relevant at your immigrant visa interview."

Comment

Desperate,

I will also be soon going for the interview for ACP to Mumbai.

I guess October as my packet three was received by Mumbai on 24th of last month and a case number was assigned two weeks after that.
          Due to some reason I have to be back here in late September.
          Do think I can ask Mumbai for a early September date?
          Remind you that they have not posted the list for September yet so there is a dim possibility of me making the September date.
          Since they have not yet assigned a date to me asking for a early date is kind of ..................

Do you think they will accomodate my request?

Comment

I read a post on a different website where a person whose 6 yr limit was expiring in August requested an expedited interview for September. The Mumbai consulate agreed to put a note on his case file with this request.

Of course, Mumbai is probably aware of the problem of setting a precedent and opening the floodgates for such requests.

Good luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X