Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Immigrant Visa Interview (Need help)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • stevenho
    Member
    • Dec 2017
    • 1

    #1

    Immigrant Visa Interview (Need help)

    Hi I need your help. I am 14 years old with an approved 130 and immigrant visa pending. Since then, I have been an undocumented student in the U.S. Last week, I received my interview letter for an immigrant visa overseas. I am afraid to return to my home country. Can my relatives (parents & sister) Americans citizens show up on my behalf? I was thinking to apply for an advance parole, but I have an overstay visa, so I'm illegally here. it means I do not qualify for the advance parole.
    Can you please advise?
  • inadmissible
    Senior Member
    • May 2015
    • 2527

    #2
    Have you ever departed the United States, then re-entered without inspection? If so, how long were you unlawfully present before you departed?

    Comment

    • CJBaker
      Member
      • Jan 2016
      • 25

      #3
      You need an immigration lawyer as these things can be different for every person.

      Comment

      • inadmissible
        Senior Member
        • May 2015
        • 2527

        #4
        OP hasn't responded, but if he has a plain vanilla visa overstay case he does not need an attorney. And yes, if he isn't otherwise inadmissible, he is eligible to obtain and avail himself of advance parole

        Comment

        • rahuldivann
          Member
          • Jan 2018
          • 1

          #5
          Originally posted by stevenho View Post
          Hi I need your help. I am 14 years old with an approved 130 and immigrant visa pending. Since then, I have been an undocumented student in the U.S. Last week, I received my interview letter for an immigrant visa overseas. I am afraid to return to my home country. Can my relatives (parents & sister) Americans citizens show up on my behalf? I was thinking to apply for an advance parole, but I have an overstay visa, so I'm illegally here. it means I do not qualify for the advance parole.
          Can you please advise?
          According to me, you should consult an immigration lawyer, because they will let you know what exactly will happen next to you. In case, if something can get done, they will do for you.

          Comment

          {{modal[0].title}}

          X

          {{modal[0].content}}

          {{promo.content}}

          Working...