Company changed while wife in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company changed while wife in India

While my wife is in India I decided to change from Company A to Company B. However, I still continue to work with Company A (not resigned yet) and will be joining new Company B in the first week of Feb 2018.

While my H-1B transfer was in progress I took my wife's visa appointment (Jan 16th to be specific) in the US consulate based on my old Company A documents.
    Both me and my wife have I-797 validity till Jan 2019 from the old Company A.

Just a day back I received notification from my new Company B that my H-1B transfer was approved and they will be sending me a physical copy of approval notice (via mail) in a week. They also told that since my wife was in India they were not able to file her I-539 which is nothing by H4 extension/transfer as per my knowledge.

Now my questions are:
    1) Assuming that I am able to successfully receive my new company's I-797 approval notice on time and pass it to my wife who is India currently before the interview, should she appear in the US consulate and produce the documents from new Company B or still go through the old Company A?
    2) Will it create problem if the visa officer see's that I have two petitions during the interview at the US consulate?
    3) Assuming that she is granted visa based on the old Company A will this create any problem at Port of Entry in the US?

Note: I took the appointment and filled up DS-160 forms and other related documents based on my old Company A details.

Please guide.

Thanks,
    Nital

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X