F4 - Dependent Children: Regular study/upper age limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4 - Dependent Children: Regular study/upper age limit

My US citizen brother has applied my case for US visa under F4 category (Brothers and Sisters of adult US Citizen). I am in India and my case priority date is 6th Feb, 2009. I have the following queries:

1.Is it mandatory for my dependent children to study REGULARLY in school/college to get visa? If yes, then upto which class (Secondary/Graduation or Post Graduation level) and upto when?

2.Is there any upper age limit for dependent children after which they become ineligible for visa?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by apra5472 View Post
    My US citizen brother has applied my case for US visa under F4 category (Brothers and Sisters of adult US Citizen). I am in India and my case priority date is 6th Feb, 2009. I have the following queries:

1.Is it mandatory for my dependent children to study REGULARLY in school/college to get visa? If yes, then upto which class (Secondary/Graduation or Post Graduation level) and upto when?
    no

Originally posted by apra5472 View Post
    2.Is there any upper age limit for dependent children after which they become ineligible for visa?
    They must be under 21 and unmarried. But it's more complicated, because under the CSPA (Child Status Protection Act), the amount of time the petition was pending is subtracted from their age. So for example, if the I-130 took 2 years to approve from when it was filed, a child will not age out until age 23.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thnx for ur response

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X