Got two letters but not Packet 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got two letters but not Packet 3

I received a letter in June saying my case is current and I will be sent Instruction package regarding further processing . I expected to receive Packet3 but I received a letter yesterday saying again the case is current and asking me to send the completed form.

I havent got any forms, what forms in NVC refering to? From what I read in the website I assumed it could be DS-3032(choice of address or agent) or form asking which option ' AOS or to apply for a visa abroad'.

My questions are:

1.What are these form (s), is it DS-3032 or AOS thing?
    2.Does everyone get these letters before packet 3?
    3.My letter also said 'Please complete the form and return to NVC. You may then contact INS for instructions to permanent resident status'? What does this mean ?
    4.When my case is with NVC and the option in CP why is INS coming into picture or is this part of packet3 process?

It would be of great help if someone can help me with answers to these .

Thanks very much.
    MP

Letter from NVC

I think what they are referring to is a letter/form the NVC might have sent asking if you want to go in for AOS or consular. I am only speculating as that is what I recd. which my lawyer completed and returned. I got my P3 5 weeks after that.

Comment

thanks

Hi platflyer,

Thanks for the info. Did your lawyer opt for CP and thats when you got Packet 3 ?

Is this form available on the internet?

Thanks
      MP

Comment

Forms from NVC

The form is not available on the net. I had the same problem. I never received the form from NVC. So I called them up(603-334-0700) and gave them the required information over phone(Just tell them that you are opting for Consular Processing and not AOS). That solved the issue, and then, they sent the packet3 to my lawyer. I received packet3 in another 2 weeks.

For any questions you have regarding your case (even to find out the progress of your case), you can call them up and they are more than happy to help you out.

All the best.
        -Roy

Comment

thanks

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I called them and they asked me to fax a letter saying I want to opt for CP.
          I did that on Aug 7th, waiting for Packet 3 now!

Thank you.
          MP

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X