Question on Sister (No Green Card)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Sister (No Green Card)

My family (Four) people have lived in this nation for about 16 years.

Before I can ask my question on my sister, I must give a case brief on our family status.

My family came to the United States in 1990. My parents and I have EADs. My question is not in regards to our own green cards but a situation that my elder sister is in. My father's Green Card Status is through employment sponsorship, which he got through a Labor Certification back in 1999-2000. It is under his case that we are in. We will be approved for a Green Card in the end of this month.

However, when my father applied for Employment Sponsorship, my sister was around 21-22, which our lawyer said that since she is 21+, she is not qualified to be under the case, (My mom was allowed through being a sponse, and I was allowed since I was under 21 at the time) Under my father's labor certificate, we were able to get our EADs (With the exception of my sister, due to her age in this case).

My sister and I moved with our family to the United States from Pakistan in 1990. I was 8 and she was 10. Now I am 24 and she is 26. We have lived in the U.S. most of our lifes, and went to school and college here.

The situation with her is that she can't work nor can she travel. What can she do? Is there a way in which she can get a special document to allow her to work and/or travel. If we are approved for our green cards, then we can sponsor her, but that will take another 3-4 years. What is your advice for my sister? I thank you for your time and greatly appreciate the advice you can give.

Originally posted by Naqvi
    My family (Four) people have lived in this nation for about 16 years.

Before I can ask my question on my sister, I must give a case brief on our family status.

My family came to the United States in 1990. My parents and I have EADs. My question is not in regards to our own green cards but a situation that my elder sister is in. My father's Green Card Status is through employment sponsorship, which he got through a Labor Certification back in 1999-2000. It is under his case that we are in. We will be approved for a Green Card in the end of this month.

However, when my father applied for Employment Sponsorship, my sister was around 21-22, which our lawyer said that since she is 21+, she is not qualified to be under the case, (My mom was allowed through being a sponse, and I was allowed since I was under 21 at the time) Under my father's labor certificate, we were able to get our EADs (With the exception of my sister, due to her age in this case).

My sister and I moved with our family to the United States from Pakistan in 1990. I was 8 and she was 10. Now I am 24 and she is 26. We have lived in the U.S. most of our lifes, and went to school and college here.

The situation with her is that she can't work nor can she travel. What can she do? Is there a way in which she can get a special document to allow her to work and/or travel. If we are approved for our green cards, then we can sponsor her, but that will take another 3-4 years. What is your advice for my sister? I thank you for your time and greatly appreciate the advice you can give.

Unfortuantely, There is nothing your parents can do for her except to petition for her and wait. Considering her overstay, she could only adjust her status her through marriage. (Im not suggesting she does for immigration purpose, just informing)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X