form I864

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• form I864

I am filling form I 864( Affidavit of support) for my mom and dad and need some help: I am married living with my spouse and have 2 children:
    Part 4 section B : Sponsors House hold size:

1: No. of people related to you by birth, marriage or adoption living in your residence:
    2: number of immigrants sponsered in this affidavit
    3: Number of immigrants not living in your house hold whom you are obligated to support under a prev. signed form I 864
    4. No. of persons who are otherwise dependent on you , as claimed in your most recent tax return
    5.total house hold size ( addition of all the lines 1-4)

MY QUESTION: I KNOW IT MAY SOUND STUPID BUT ITS VERY CONFUSING TO ME.

as per my inderstanding it should be 2,1,1,2( Me and my husband, mother for which form is being filled, father for whom form is being filled at the same time, 2 children)

But I am not 100% sure: any input will be appreciated.

thanks

rstlne

Originally posted by rstlne
    I am filling form I 864( Affidavit of support) for my mom and dad and need some help: I am married living with my spouse and have 2 children:
    Part 4 section B : Sponsors House hold size:

1: No. of people related to you by birth, marriage or adoption living in your residence:
    2: number of immigrants sponsered in this affidavit
    3: Number of immigrants not living in your house hold whom you are obligated to support under a prev. signed form I 864
    4. No. of persons who are otherwise dependent on you , as claimed in your most recent tax return
    5.total house hold size ( addition of all the lines 1-4)

MY QUESTION: I KNOW IT MAY SOUND STUPID BUT ITS VERY CONFUSING TO ME.

as per my inderstanding it should be 2,1,1,2( Me and my husband, mother for which form is being filled, father for whom form is being filled at the same time, 2 children)

But I am not 100% sure: any input will be appreciated.

thanks

rstlne

1. 4 ( you, husband, and 2 children)
    2. 2 ( father AND MOTHER)
    3. 0 ( I'm assuming u have never sponsored anyone before)
    4. 0 (I'm assuming u have no other dependents othe rthan spouse and 2 ch)
    5. 6 ( you, spouse, 2 children, 2 parents)

The objective is simply to see if u earn enough to sponsor yourself, your current family, AND your relatives that are immgrating......if you dont your spouse can be a joint sponsor

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X