immigration for brother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• immigration for brother

my brother is 18 years old and I am filing affidavit of support( I 864) for my parents for green card: i was initially told by many people that he cannot immgrate with my parents and a seperate petition I 131 should be filed for him.
    I was looking through the instructions for filling I 864 and it says it is only for brothers and sisters of US citizens 21 and older:
    I am confused: does that means that my brother can immigrate with my parents since he is less than 21 years of age: any input is appreciated.

rstlne

Originally posted by rstlne
    my brother is 18 years old and I am filing affidavit of support( I 864) for my parents for green card: i was initially told by many people that he cannot immgrate with my parents and a seperate petition I 131 should be filed for him.
    I was looking through the instructions for filling I 864 and it says it is only for brothers and sisters of US citizens 21 and older:
    I am confused: does that means that my brother can immigrate with my parents since he is less than 21 years of age: any input is appreciated.

rstlne

I think you might be a bit confused about the forms...........

I-131 is used to apply for Advance Parole

Where on the form I-864 doe sit say that?......i think you might hav emisunderstood a section.....no I-864 is to be used for your parents in this case

He cant accompany them...................while hes a child for immigration puposes because they are immgrating as immediate relatives and not preference relatives he cant accompnay them

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X