Needed Urgent help for I-134

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needed Urgent help for I-134

Hi Everybody on this board, I need urgent help. Me & my family is scheduled for IV interview on May 20. Currently, we are in India. I have a question regarding I-134. How to get it notorized in India, without going to USA. Also, how much minimum balance you need to show in your account for supporting two family member (Wife & Kid). What is minimum asset requirement, so that visa officer will not reject the visa on this requirement. Has anybody faced this problem? Thanks in advance.

If your application is employment based, amount in I-134 does not matter. It is just formality. Still, something like $5000 should be enough.

I believe that you can notarize in consulate itself.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Needed Urgent help for I-134

Thank you very much for your response. Actually, I called the consulate in Notarization section of ACS, American Citizen Services and they said it won't be possible for them to Notarize. Also, lady was wondering why I need it and after telling her about requirement, she suggested to contact visa section. I have a question again if I sign it in front of consular officer during my interview, will they accept it?

Comment

Hi, do you have any more information on this issue? My case is similar and I have received no replies from the Mumbai consulate on this issue. Interview date: April 30.

Comment

Can you please send me your e-mail address & contact no. at [email protected], so that we can talk more on this issue. Thanks for your reply to this posting.

Comment

Don't need to notarize if in India

Hi, I read the instructions on the Form 134 again and it seems pretty clear that if you are outside the United States, then the form should be signed in front of a consular officer. So I don't think we need to worry about notarizing in India.

Quoted from the Form:
            "If you are in the United States, the affidavit may be sworn to
            or affirmed before an immigration officer without the
            payment of fee, or before a notary public or other officer
            authorized to administer oaths for general purposes, in
            which case the official seal or certificate of authority to
            administer oaths must be affixed.
            If you are outside the United States the affidavit must be sworn to or affirmed before a United States consular or immigration officer."

The second para applies to us.

Comment

Notarization of I-134 form

Hi jt2002,
              Thanks for your response. I am also aware of this fact. But can you sign I-134 form during your CP interview? Because they will expect you bring it ready before interview. Did you receive any response from Mumbai Consulate? Keep, in touch you can reach me at [email protected]
              -Raj

Comment

Notarization of I-134 form

Hi jt2002,

Will you please update your experience regarding this issue as soon as your interview is over on April 30.

Wish you all the best. Thanks in advance.

-Raj

Comment

Re: Notarization of I-134 form

rajbehere, thanks. I will keep the board updated.

The last posts in this thread discuss I-134.

Comment

I-134 form

Hi jt2002,

Thanks for updating. So, you are ready for big event. Please, update your experience in detail, specially I-134 as soon as your interview is over. Eagerly waiting for your update since my case is same as yours.

-raj

Comment

Re: I-134 form

Raj, just got back from the interview. It was pretty uneventful. I have to go to collect the passports at 3:00pm today. I'll post all the details in a separate post.

Here's what happened with the I-134:

During the document collection process, after the lady at the counter collected my documents and my wife's documents, she asked for the I-134. I submitted the I-134 along with bank statement copies. The form, as I had decided before, was not notarized since I was in India. I was expecting that this form would be signed in front of the consular officer.

She turned over the form and noted that this was not the "original" form and that she did not require it. She just returned the form and the bank copies back to me. I don't know what she meant by "original" - probably she was looking for the notarization, but that's just a guess.

The form was not asked for during the interview.

So, in the end, in my case, the form was not needed at all. Of course, my original offer letter was taken.

I have no idea whether this is standard procedure.

Hope this helps. All the best for your case.
                      -- jt2002

Comment

Thanks for quick update

JT,
                        I really appreciate for quick respose. This information is very much usefull to me & will be usefull to all the people with similar cases. However, please let us know what happened when you went to pick up your passport and also what questions did they aske during interview?
                        Thanks a lot!
                        -Raj

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X