Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

birth cert. has no name on it, is that OK???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• birth cert. has no name on it, is that OK???

Is it OK to have mine and my daughter's birth certificate with no name on it? Is an affidavit required for this? Does anyone have format for this affidavit?
    Many thanks!!!
    gcseeking

Not legal advise: At your own risk

At least first name is required on the birth certificate and at least one full name ( Incl. last/sur name) of either parent is a must.
    Sample affidavit taken from this site itself.

One possible format of the affidavit may be something like following:

I, (name of relative), solemnly state and affirm as hereunder:
    (1) I presently reside at ___________________________________.
    (2) I am a citizen of _______________________________.
    (3) I was born on ___________________ at________________.
    (4) I am the (state relationship to the person whose birth is being verified)
    (5) I personally know that (name of person) was born on ____________ at _________.
    (6) A request has been made with the proper authorities for (name of person)'s birth certificate but the same is unavailable.

I hereby affirm under the penalty of perjury pursuant to the laws of the United States of America (28 U.S.C. Section 1746) that the foregoing is true and correct.

This affidavit was executed on (date) at (Place).

Also make sure/check the spelling of the names and place of birth on the birth certificates viz with Passports.

Comment

I should say it's a strange question - A birth certificate with "NO NAME". How do you know it is YOUR birth certificate????

one would say it's NOT OK to have a birth certificate with NO Name on it.

At the very minimum you should have a affidavit (like the one posted). Good luck.

Comment

reg. this affidivit

Where does this affidivit be most prudent to be made: India or US? Since I can get it done at either place.
        Many Thanks!!!

Comment

Re: reg. this affidivit

I am facing the same problem. Even my birth certificate does not contain my name on it. So the issuing authorities say that they will issue a birth certificate with out my name on it. When I asked them for a non availability certificate, they said that they can't issue me that as my birth was registered. Do we need to provide non availability certificate along with the notarized form at the time of interview?

Comment

Re: reg. this affidivit

I guess it is mandatory if you are submitting affidavits.

Comment

no name on Birth certificate

hey guys...I am in the same boat....did u figure what needs to be done.
              is the recommendation to go for a BC with no name and 2 affidavits from parents?
              is that enough?

thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X