Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCC Validity

How long is the PCC is valid ?
    I got my PCC on March 29 ,with in 15 days from houston eventhough my passport is issued from India.
    I am specualting an interview in SEPT-OCT 2002.

I guess 6 months from the date of issue

Comment

I don't think Once issued PCC expires

On the passport and on the accompanying letter from the consulate ,there is only a stamp of when the PCC is issued but no mention of the expiry date.

Comment

Whats the procedure for getting PCC from Houston?

Comment

pcc validity

PCC should be recent with in amonth from the date of
          interview.Chennai consulate has rejected a pcc in one case in feb2002 which was 6 months old.The idea of PCC is that you dont have any adverse police records
          at the time of interview.

Comment

PCC from Indian embassy in USA

I think, PCC is for proving that, while my stay in India after age of 18, I didn't commit any crime. that we have to prove. that will be proved. Your later stay must be in USA. so, naturally, you have not done any crime in USA.

Procedure to get PCC.

Visit
            www.chicago.indianconsulate.com.
            www.indianconsulate.com.

Download misllaneous services form(PDF file).

1. call chicago or any Indian embassy in US.
            2. Once you fill that application, you have to submit $20 and 2 photographs.
            3. After 1 month, they will call you again, or you have contact them again. (during this 1 month, embassy verifies your criminal record in India, by sending letter to India something like that). In 1 month, if embassy is not getting your crime report from India, they will issue you PCC kind of certificate.
            4. At that time, again you have to Pay $20 and your passport.
            5. They will put some note in your passport and then give you 1 certificate i.e. PCC.
            6. Total it takes 50 days.

Chicago embassy information:

E-Mail: [email protected]
            Consulate General of India
            455 North Cityfront Plaza Drive, #850
            Chicago, IL 60611, U.S.A.,
            Telephone 312) 595-0405

Comment

Re: PCC from Indian embassy in USA

I got my PCC in january 2002 this year. Should I reapply for my PCC again. I don't know when my interview at mumbai consulate will be. My lawyers just received Packet 3 from NVC last week.
              please advise.

Thanks
              JK

Comment

PCC for Chennai

Presently my lawyer applied for I-140 in the month of March'02 so when is the best time to apply for PCC in Newyork and what is the procedure to get PCC's from INDIA(Locall passport office and also from District police station)

Comment

Can the Administrator please clairfy?

There seems to be some confusion regarding the PCC validity. Neither in the passport nor in the letter did the Consulate mention any expiry dates. Lot of discussion is going on here but no one exactly seems to know what is correct.

Can the adminstator comment on this issue? Is there really an expiry date for PCC?

Comment

Re: Can the Administrator please clairfy?

My strong feeling is 6 months. Chennai consulate
                    says,
                    "Applicants whose Indian passport was issued within the past six months may present just the passport office police certificate, and need not obtain additional police clearances".

It is my own deduction from this that the any PCC is valid whether issued by RPO or police authorities is valid for six months.

RgDs

Comment

format for PCC from local police station

I applied and received PCC from local passport office. Do we need an additional letter from the local police station? If so, does anyone have format for the same.

Many Thanks,
                      gcseeking

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X