problem with birth certificates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with birth certificates

My place of birth in my passport and in my Birth certificate doesnot match. and also my spouses Birth certificate doesnot have his name.
    My friend advised me to get a non-availability birth certificate and affidavits from my parents as that will be easy than trying to change place of birth in my passport.
    Regarding my spouse's BC, are notarized affidavits from his parents sufficient?
    we are planning for CP at Chennai. can anyone help regarding this issue?
    Thanks.

birth certificate

My wife's b'certificate has the same problem.
    Her place of birth is not matching with passport.
    Can anybody help in this regards.

Comment

The best way is to get affidavits and non availability certificate. As this is one of the important documents asked in CP. So better don't take a chance. Instead of creating a confusion to the visa officer and making a different decision, I will advise not to produce the document leading doubt(although you are right).

Good Luck

Comment

Is it something like you have your district/city name in your passport and your birth certificate has a village name that's in the juridiction of the same district?.

Comment

yes

Place is different than in passport.
          But the place mentioned in BC is under the same jurisdiction of district and Passport mentioned city.
          POB in BC is a small place in a town which is mentioned as POB in passport.
          any suggession?

Comment

missing name on BC

I have birth certificate without my name.
            I had an affidavit from my mother and get it notarized. This was directed by my lawer. NVC has not objected to this.

HTH

Comment

BC

GhoshT,

I am exactly in the same situation. So I obtained affidavit from magistrate office with the town name as my birth place same as in the passport.

Comment

Re: BC

Guru's,

The instructions in Pkt3 says that for applicants from India, who are born after April 1st 1970, must produce birth certicate from the appropriate registrar/local-muncipal authorites. As LATE registration is allowed.
                NO AFFIDAVITS/ NON AVAILABILITY CERTIFICATES ARE ALLOWED for people born after APRIL 1, 1970.
                1. Did any one of you have the experience of getting birth certificates by registering NOW. Could you please explain in detail and the time it takes.
                2. In the birth certificate of my KID, only the first name is mentioned, the last name is not mentioned, is it OK?

Guru's Please advise.

Comment

First you need to apply for a birth certificate. If your birth is not registered then they will issue a non-availability certificate. Then you need to take this non-availability certificate and proof of your date of birth, like 10th std mark sheets etc. to your local Revenue Divisional Officer(RDO) or Sub-Collector and request him for a birth certificate. He will then direct the municipal authorities to include your name in their records. All this process takes around 10-15 days. You can then apply for a birth certificate again and they will issue one. This is the standard procedure if your birth is not registered. If your name is missing on your birth certificate, this procedure will not work.
                  Hope this will help you.

Comment

Thanks a lot.

Comment

what should a person do if the name is missing on birth cert

My Wife's birth certificate has no name on it, and the year of birth is after 1970. Do we have to get a new birth certificate done from registrar's office for CP or can we get any form of affidavits from the parents since we have very little time between now & the interview date?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X