Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a certificate from local Police station Sufficient?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a certificate from local Police station Sufficient?

Hello,

I am in U.S and was wondering if a PCC from a local police station in India be sufficient, If yes who can issue such a certificate.What kind of Form I can use.

I talked to people in chicago , they say it may take upto 45 days if I apply in U.S. Is it needed to be sent in with the Packet 3 or it's not needed till the interview.

Thanks for any comments.

Singla Sahib,
    Its not required till the interview. Moreover I applied for PCC here at Chicago if you request them after 15-20 days or so they issue you the PCC. One of my friends who is in India now for interview got it like this. Otherwise they take about 45 days, and if during that period if they don't get the verification back from India they just issue the PCC assuming things are fine and nothing is adverse against the applicant.

By the way did you get your packet 3. Mine I-140 was approved on Feb 19 and still waiting for the same.

Comment

PCC is not needed till the interview.

It is better to take it from Us embassy. You have enough time(45 days) and money ($20+$20) to get it from USA, as you are still around I-140 and in USA.

In India, it is difficult to take PCC.

In Rajasthan, it is easy. It takes 4-5 days. (Copy birth and marriage certificate is required).

In Maharashtra, almost not possible.

In Gujarat, They asks for notarised copy of Passport, 2 photographs, US residence proof, authorisation letter for person, who will get it behalf of you. You have to submit all these in Gujarat police station, after 15 days Police will visit your home to verify about your existance, then Police dept. will issue it.

But, as on immihelp.com information, no need of India's PCC in interview. USA's Indian embassy's PCC is enough.

Please read all the topics on this site, don't ask repeating questions.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X