Help needed on DS 230-II Item# 33.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed on DS 230-II Item# 33.

In form DS 230 Part-II, in Item# 33, It asks "Have you ever applied for a social security Number (SSN)?"

Well for my wife We applied for social security, but it was rejected because she is on H4 [Dependent] Visa, so She never got social security number.

What should I fill in that section ?

If I check "Yes" then they ask for social security number which she does not have right now.

If I check "No" then there is fear that they might findout that we applied & we are putting false information.

Someone experienced or knowledgible please advice.

My wife (H4) applied and was rejected, too. Her application never made it past the lady at the front desk. I checked "no".

Comment

SS

say yes& add in words rejected.Attach a photocopy of the rejection letter.

Comment

thanks

So cper2002
        Mine is saem story too. My wifes application for SSN was rejected by the Lady on the counter.

You checked "NO", & ddint they check at the time of interview ?

Comment

Re: thanks

I haven't had my interview yet. We never really applied for a SSN. The lady at the SSA wouldn't let us, hence I checked "no".

Comment

DS230 (SSA)

Say "Yes" don't worry about the rejection. The SSA will mail you the SSN card automaticaly.

If you say "No" then you have to personally go the SSA office and apply for the SSN.

Comment

Well my Lawer is saying that DO NOT check anything right now.
              At the time of interview, explain consular & check what he/she asks you to check. But I feel that its little bit risky because they might throw us out because of in-complete forms.

cper2002, Did you had your interview YET ?
              If not how sure are you about your opinion that We never applied for SSN in reality because our applications never made it past the lady at counter.

IS there anybody who faced CP interview with same problem ? & may have experienced input for US.

applyac140, thanks for your input too.

Getting little nervous on this issue now.

Comment

Re: Reply

I haven't had my interview yet...expecting my P4 any time now. Trust me, this SSN thing is the last thing on my mind.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X