Urgent - Notice of entry of appearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent - Notice of entry of appearance

I am going for AC140 which is still consular process. We are about to send all the documents to consulate. My lawyer has given me blue form "Notice of entry of appearance as Attorney or Representative" for both me and my wife. Can anybody tell me if this form is really needed because as far as I understand, with consular process you are pretty much on your own so why do u need to sign this form?
    CP gurus, pl. clarify

Urgent - Notice of entry of appearance

Not Legal Advice:

As far as I am aware Consulates actively discourage people from having attorne representation and unless yours is going to the interview with you you don't need it.

The Notice of Appearence is actually an INS Form. Your lawyer probably included it out of habit.

You are right though. You are on your own.

Comment

Choice of agent

While it is right that you can be on your own , you MUST inform this intention thru "choice of agent " form ....in this form , you can mention the name of ur agent(lawyer) , or otherwise.

I lost a valusable one month on the process just because i had not filled in this form.

Comment

Re: Choice of agent

Could you pl. explain which form you are talking about?
        Thank you very much

Comment

Re: Choice of agent

Not Legal Advice:

The "Choice Of Agent" Form is sent along with packet III IF you do not have an attorney associated with your case AND you are in the US. It allows you to nominate a person in your home country that they will mail Packet IV and any other corespondence too. If you are happy receiving all the correspondence yourself you don't need it. You can put your lawyer on this form if you want. Otherwise they will send it to you in the US.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X