Help! I824 approved by INS but NVC has not received!!! :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I824 approved by INS but NVC has not received!!! :(

My I824 was approved by the INS, however after 14 days the National Visa Center says they haven't received anything from the INS. They suggested that I refile the I824 and wait. Given the huge delays at the TSC this would take several months (aprox 7-9).

I filed my I140 under Consular Processing but the TSC approved it under AOS... So I had to file I824 (The TSC never responded to my lawyer's request to amend the I140 under CP...).

Do any of you know what one can do when the NVC does not receive the I824/I140 approval cable from the INS?

Thank you for your help!

Re: Help! I824 approved by INS but NVC has not received!!! :

14 days? That's a blink of an eye in "Government Time". I would wait at least another week.

Comment

Well, still not received yet... And after calling the INS TSC has informed me that they did not send the cable to the NVC and WILL NOT send the cable to the NVC, unless the supervisor in charge decides to do so or I file I824 again...
      Unbelievable.

Comment

If your lawyer can't come up with a good fix for this situation, try calling the NVC.

Go to their website to find their number. They have a confusing telephone system. You may have to listen a few times to figure it out.

When prompted to put in your INS receipt number, type the receipt number wrong by one digit. If it is during the day, an operator will come on to assist you. Ask the operator what they suggest. It might be as easy as mailing a copy of the approved I-824 and I-140 approval to the NVC yourself.

People at the NVC are usually easy-going and helpful.

It's worth a try!

Comment

Suomilainen,

Thank you for your advice. I had previously contacted the NVC, they will not proceed unless and until they receive formal notification from the INS. I did send them copies of my approval notices but all they can do is to send me a letter indicating they never received the INS cable. Now I am waiting for that letter so I can try to push the INS to finally send the approval notice to the NVC. They have messed up twice now. First they approved my case under AOS, even though I had filed CP, and then they never sent the cable once my I824 had been approved, back in early February...

A sad but true story...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X