Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duration of 824 exceeded in my case. why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duration of 824 exceeded in my case. why?

Hello friends

I applied for 824 in November 2001. I was checking at INS regularly it was saying 120 to 180 days to process this application. Today the message changed to 275 to 350 days.
    Can anyone tell me whats happening in my case..

Thanks

It would be good to know which service center you're dealing with, if you're with Texas Service Center, that's the reason.

In my case they did approve the I824 but NEVER cabled neither the NVC nor the Consulate... so in the meantime I'm in limbo. After numerous attempts to contact them via fax, letter and phone I was able to speak with an officer at TSC, who indicated that I WAS RIGHT! that the records indicated that they had NOT sent any cables regarding my I824/I140... her suggestion, was to refile I824 again or to contact the TSC's director... I did that when the TSC failed to properly authorize my I140 last year under CP instead of AOS and as of today, I have never received a response...

Bear in mind 2 things:

Whaterver the AVM says regarding processing time, you should ignore, only what's written in your receipt notice is of any value. After processing time has exceeded the timeframe indicated in your Receipt Notice then you can contact the service center to inquire about your case. If that has been exceeded by all means contact them, in most service centers it is better to do it via fax, but if you're dealing with the TSC, send fax and certified letter.

Good luck.

Comment

yes you are right, its from taxas service center.
      thanks for your advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X