CP-Coming back to US separately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CP-Coming back to US separately

I am going to India in 2 weeks for my green card CP interview along with my wife. I plan to return back to US in 2 weeks and my wife intends to stay on in India with the family for another 6 weeks.
    I hope she would not have any problems coming back to the US both at India Immigrations and/or US POA since the green card CP was done through my company in my name.
    I understand there are separate packets given after the interview.
    Could anyone let me know if they have done this or if they know this would be ok or it is advisable for us to come back together?

Thanks

Your wife can travel at a later date after you do as long as it is before the visa expiration(six months).

Hope this helps.

Comment

My wife arrived 3 months after me. She had no problem at all.

Comment

Did you take a revised I-230 form with you at the time of interview, stating that you would be coming back separately? Someone told me that I need to.

Thanks

Comment

I sent my revised 230 in to the consulates with my wifes and a letter explaining that I had married.

One of the questions on the form asked me to list the people who would be accompanying me to the US. I put none in this part.

Another asked me to list people who would be following me later. This is where I put the wifes name.

On her form she had to put my name down as the person she would be joining in the US.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X