No announcement yet.

Police Certificate for K1 Visa - Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Certificate for K1 Visa - Help!

Hi All:

My fiance is trying to get a police clearance certificate for our K-1 visa. His interview is scheduled Nov 13th at the Chennai Consulate. We are having problems finding out the exact requirements to get the correct PCC for the Chennai consulate. He has already recieved a police clearance from Dehli (where he lived most of his life). For the past year, he lives & works in Hyderabad but his mail is sent to an address in Secundrabad. (his employer uses the Secundrabad address) Since our K-1 paperwork has the Secundrabad address - we are unsure if he should get the police clearance from Hyderabad (where is lives) or in Secundrabad (where his mail is delivered)

He has already tried talking with the local police office in Secundrabad - they told him to get a letter from his employer, have two government officials verify his criminal background, fill out several forms & provide a copy of his passport. I am not sure why they need an employment letter & we are unclear what the employment letter (for a K-1 visa) should say. Additionally, we are unsure why goverment officials are involved w/ this process. I think he was given confusing & incomplete instructions.

Can anyone assist us? We would appreciate it greatly.

Thank you
    Alyson
    Last edited by adt3001; 10-16-2006, 11:41 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X