Changes in procedure for CP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes in procedure for CP?

Recently heard that there is a change in the procedure for CP.Now NVC would setup an appointment for you at the Indian Consulate.This could mean a furthur delay in getting an appointment.

Would this also effect the AC-140 process also, since in this process NVC does not come into picture?

Regards

I don't think anyone knows yet. My guess: AC I140 would still be valid.

Comment

I read in an earlier post where a poster had estimated 11-25 weeks for an interview date.

11 weeks is approximately 2.5 months and 25 weeks is almost 6 months. Now I am not sure what kind of time AOS takes these days.... so if anyone knows that, it would be great to know and compare. If AOS takes anywhere more than 7/8 months CP is still beneficial .

I have to decide between AOS and CP, and this new curveball is causing me endless concerns.

:-|

Comment

Recent posts suggest 1/2 of April'01 I485 filers got approval, though some Feb'01 are still getting approvals and very few May'01 filers got approval.

So, AOS is taking 8-10 months these days. 11-25 weeks apply to CP through NVC and is not a real metric.

Comment

Changes in procedure for CP?

Abu,

Since you mentioned that the 11-25 weeks for NVC processing is not a metric, is there any way a person who has to choose between CP and AOS weigh options?

My lawyer says that the new CP processing is not going to take any lesser time than the current procedure, but that is not saying much- reiterating a fact that we all know already.

:-|

Comment

Guess.
            AOS processing time can change at any time. Variance as it is is pretty large.
            In ~3 months time CP processing time will be more clear.

Comment

What is the impact of this change in proceudre on AC-I140.I would be going in for AC-I140 at the New Dehi consulate.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X