Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to choose-AOS or CP at the I140 stage

Gurus...

I shall be applying for my I140 shortly. I need to decide on whether to choose AOS or CP in my I140 application.

Since the new change in procedure for CP, what is a more flexible option to opt for in the I140 stage. In other words which switch is less painful-

opt for AOS and then choose CP

OR

opt for CP and then choose AOS.

My mind was made up completely before the State Dept. changed procedures for CP, I am not so sure now !

:?

Designate CP on I140 since this allows you to defer your decision to a later stage. To do CP you simply continue the process and for AOS you file I485.

If you belong to Chennai or a consulate which does not allow AC I140, designating AOS now means that CP will be available to you with the additional cost of I824 which may take 3-6 months.

Designating AOS on I140 is risky if you belong to Delhi/Mumbai or a consulate which allows AC I140. Since the future of AC I140 is not guarenteed with new procedure.
    However, if you know AC I140 will continue as is, that is the fastest option of all (which means you need to mark AOS on I140).

So, in my opinion, selecting CP on I140 form is the less riskier method which allows you to choose CP or AOS at a later time, when new procedure will be more clear.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X