Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISSUE WITH LOCAL PCC in India

Hello everyone,
    I am appearing for my CP in mumbai next week. Because of lot of confusion surrounding PCC I decided to come to India early and start the porcess.

I have applied for the PCC at the passport office in mumbai. I was told if i follow up at every stage I may get my PCC in 7-10 working days.

But I was given another interesting bit of information that local police station in India are not authorise to give police clearance.What it means for us is there will be only one police clearance issued and that will be from the passport office.

It seems the Police comissionar in Mumbai has taken the the issue with the US embassy.

Does anyone with CP done rescently has any experience. Your inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Regards..

Hi,.
    Even i was told that the local police station has stopped issuing PCC after Sep 11th...
    Even after telling them the importance of it they have refused.What should we do next.

Thanks

Comment

If you are currently staying in US and going to India for CP, you require police clearance from Indian consulate only and nothing from India side. This is according to Mumbai consulate's email.
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

immihelp,

Thanks for your input. As the situation stands with me, eventhough I reside in USA I am already in india to get PCC. What are my options now??

Regards...

Comment

I would believe that you still do not need anything from India side. You are physically there few days earlier. But that does not mean anything. You are still considered staying in US.
          Immihelp Support

Comment

Thx, Immihelp,

But if your input is correct than I may be in deeper trouble. I am here and I dont have anything from Indian embassy from USA. What dop you suppose I should do???

Regards,

Comment

Immihelp - Could you please post copy of email

It would help us all if we could get a copy of the email confirming that PCC from consulate is sufficient. Then we can take a print out to them.

Thank you

Comment

Re: Immihelp - Could you please post copy of email

Someone has already posted it on this forum in Consular Processing.
                Immihelp Support

Comment

PCC - Email reply

The only thing about that email posted earlier is that it was before the guidelines for PCC were officially published by the State Dept. So we dont know if the view is still the same. I sure hope so.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X