Information on Police Clearance Certificate for CP in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information on Police Clearance Certificate for CP in India

Information on Police Clearance Certificate for CP in India is now available on our web site, along with the fillable form for the same. Please go to home page, then click on Consular Processing and then click on 'Police Clearance Certificates' for India'.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Obtaining PCC faster from India

I have my CP interview in the 2nd week of Jan and the local Indian consulate says they can't give me the PCC within that time.
    I tried to contact the Police commisioner's office in India for a PCC but they said the request for PCC has to come from a govt authority.
    So any suggestions on how to apply for PCC at Police Station in India ? Also do Police stations have a stdd. format that they give PCC in ?
    I would appreciate any feeadback.

Comment

If you are currently not staying in India, but in United States, you do not need to get the police certificate from local police station nor regional passport office in India. In that case, you can get a police clearance from your local Indian consulate.

Comment

Re: Information on Police Clearance Certificate for CP in In

What is the source of this information? Has there been any official information from Mumbai Consulate or any other US consulate in India that for those in the US, PCC from Indian Consulate is sufficient. The information included in P4 seems to say that two certificates are required.

Comment

The fact that if you are staying in US, you need to get police certificate from Indian embassy/consulate and no need to get anything from India side is the answer given by Mumbai consulate.

Whatever is mentioned in the printed material sent by consulate is geared towards residents in India as that is what consulate is supposed to be serving. They don't print different papers for people going to India from US for the purpose of consular processing.
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

FYI:
            Local newspaper (Dinamalar dated 1/1/2002) in Tamilnadu, has updated about PCC for Immigrant visas. It says, PCC is required for Immigrant visa cases, who have interview after Jan 31, 2002.

Comment

The newspaper referred Chennai-US consulate only.

Comment

Not enough time to get PCC from Indian consulate in US !

Thanks for the info everyone. I understand that the PCC obtained from Indian consulate will suffice. But I need to appear for the interview in Mumbai on Jan 15th and I won't get the PCC by that time.
                I would like to know if there is any way to get it from India/ local police station a week before the interview.
                Thanks.

Comment

Re: Not enough time to get PCC from Indian consulate in US !

I am in the similar situation as you are. I am planning to to go to india and get my pcc clearance from the police authority in india.
                  I am getting my CP done at Mumbai.I have been communication with the police in mumbai and they are co- operative. Where are u getting ur CP done?

Regards

Comment

Similar info on PCC

I have my interview scheduled on January 24th, but I plan to leave for India next week to get my PCC process started. If you get any info on this, please let me know. And if I hear anything sooner, I will post it here.

Thanks and good luck to all...

Comment

Which police station branch ?

premd, are you trying for PCC from local police station or the police commisioner's office crime branch ? Can you tell me the details ?

Thanks.

Comment

Re: Which police station branch ?

I have reached mumbai and started the process. I have applied for the PCC at the passport office in mumbai. I was told if i follow up at every stage I may get my PCC in 7-10 working days.
                        But I was given another interesting bit of information that local police station in India are not authorise to give police clearance.
                        What it means for us is there will be only one police clearance issued and that will be from the passport office. Any way I am starting another discussion topic on this and hoipefully we may get some answers..

Regards

Comment

Hi,
                          My mom was also told that they stopped giving PCC at local police station.She had to get it from the Place where the passport office is.

Comment

Is this true?

"NEW IMMIGRANT VISA PROCESSING PROCEDURES

All new Indian immigrant visa applicants whose appointments are scheduled after January 31, 2002 will require Indian police certificates as outlined below.

INDIAN POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATES SHOULD BE OBTAINED AS FOLLOWS:

"
                            Is this true? My interview is on 01/29/2002 and I am planning to get my PCC from India.
                            Also do the Passport office keeps the passports with them during the process? I am not sure whether to do Medical before the PCC or after the PCC.
                            Any suggestions? Is there anyone who has given CP interview in Jan 2002? I would appreciate if you could share your experience.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X