Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on Police Clearance for Consulr Processing

hi,

I am an Indian citizen and I have applied for consulare processing of my US Green Card in canada based on my permanent resident status in Canada. The NVC has just dispatched the Packet 3. The lawyer told me to get Police Clearance certificates from India as well as Canada. For Canada, the process is well documented on internet. However, for Police Clearance from India, I have the following questions: -

1. If I get a Police Clearance (PCC) from the local authorities in India , will that be fine. If this is the case then, my wife belongs to a different city in india than me, so will I require 2 police clerances for my wife (one from the local authorities of city where I belong in india and other from the city where my wife belonged before marriage.
    2. Or do I have to compulsarily apply for Police Clearance at the Indian Consulate in Toronto.
    3. If either of the PCC's are fine, then which process is faster?

Kindly send me your resplies asap so that I can proceed ahead with the application.

Thanks,

Raparap

PCC for NRI

hello raparapa,
    I am an Indian, currently working in Saudi Arabia. Just paid my IV fee to NVC, and waiting for Package-3. As far I understand regards to Police Clearance Certificate, I need to get Police Clearance from
    1. Indian embassy from Saudi Arabia (as Saudi PCC are not available for third country citizen residing in the kingdom) and
    2. Local and District police stations from India, where I stayed more than 06 months.
    As per Indian embassy web site to apply for PCC, need Letter from Embassy which has asked for Police Clearance Certificate (where from I can get this letter??)
    I heard from my friends, its very hard to get PCC form local and District police office in India for NRI’s (anybody experienced similar situation, please just guide us/ is it take time?? )

One more doubt , is it possible get police clearance without Package-3 (? Any special form for PCC in Package-3)

Thanks you very much for your help & guidance in advance.

Comment

Hi, the following is from the Chennai US consulate website on instructions re: police clearance certificates: "If the person is an Indian passport holder and is staying outside Indi is 16 years old or older, then he/she needs a certificate from the applicant's local Embassy or Consulate confirming he/she has no criminal record (a statement from Embassy or Consulate is acceptable)".

So it would appear to me that you need only a PCC from the Indian embassy in Canada. I think that would be far easier than getting PCCs from the authorities in India.

HTH

Comment

Thank you

Thanks Mr. Arjun for the information. So I need only a police clearance certificate from Indian consulate?. Mr. Arjun, as I mentioned before I am still waiting for my Instruction Package (3). Does any specific form for Police Clearance Certificate in Package-3 ? because Indian embassy need a request letter from embassy of the country who asked for PCC.
        Please clear me, if you can
        Any how ones again thank you very much for your useful information…….

Thank you

Comment

hi all,

I checked with my lawyer. They told me that I can either arrange for police clearance certificate from local authorities in India or get it from Consulate. Getting the police clearance from India was easier so I arranged for the same and sent the documents back to NVC. Am waiting for them to review the documents and then forward my case to the consulate.

thanks,

Comment

Thank you for the updating. I already applied for un-requested PCC in Indian Embassy, it will take 45 days if your passport issued in India. Otherwise one week. Take care, keep updating

God bless you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X