Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mails not being opened in the Delhi Consulate! Delay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mails not being opened in the Delhi Consulate! Delay?

I called the U.S. Embassy in India, day before yesterday. The person on the other end told me that they still haven't opened the mails due to the anthrax scare! I had mailed packet 3 the last week of october! BJINNY, you wrote that you spoke to a "Swami" and he made that entry for you?! Is it possible for me to do the same? Can I stay on the phone and request someone there to input my entry while I am on the phone? And should I speak to this Swami as well, or anyone will help me do this? Who is Swami? Plz help me with this, if you can.

Also, just as a note for anyone calling the U.S. Embassy in India -- When I called at the number 419-0106, it directed me to call 419-8062 b/n 10-12 pm IST if I wanted to know about a certain case. So, that is where I think ppl should call rather than 419-0106.

Thanx 8o

Someone plz help me out with this!!

Mails not being opened in the Delhi Consulate! Delay?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I called the U.S. Embassy in India, day before yesterday. The person on the other end told me that they still haven't opened the mails due to the anthrax scare! I had mailed packet 3 the last week of october! BJINNY, you wrote that you spoke to a "Swami" and he made that entry for you?! Is it possible for me to do the same? Can I stay on the phone and request someone there to input my entry while I am on the phone? And should I speak to this Swami as well, or anyone will help me do this? Who is Swami? Plz help me with this, if you can.

Also, just as a note for anyone calling the U.S. Embassy in India -- When I called at the number 419-0106, it directed me to call 419-8062 b/n 10-12 pm IST if I wanted to know about a certain case. So, that is where I think ppl should call rather than 419-0106.

Thanx 8o

Comment

Hi Sonu Kumar - I'm sorry for the delay in replying but I hope this helps. DEFINITELY call the 4198062 number at Delhi and speak to Swami and tell him that you know for sure (from UPS or whoever you sent your documents thru) that Packet 3 was received at New Delhi on the date that you mentioned. Ask him if he can make an entry for you and also if he can give you an interview date for January since you should technically have been scheduled for that time if they had opened the mails. In my case he simply made the entry at that time and then told me to call after 10th of December to get the interview date. I have an interview on Jan 15th and my forms were received on Nov 2nd...but the entry was made only on Nov 19th when I called and told them that. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll be checking the board regularly this week or you can write to me at [email protected]

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X